- This event has passed.
October 26 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday, October 26th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
30th Annual Washington Heights Spooktacular
Nighttime Trick-or-Treating Presented by Washington Heights Neighborhood Association
Start planning now so your whole family can participate this year in the 30th Annual Washington Heights Neighborhood Association Spooktacular on Saturday, October 26th, from 6:30pm to 8:30pm. This year’s Spooktacular will take place in Area 5 (51st – 55th; Washington Bl. – Lloyd St.)
Pre-registration is Required – All participants who wish to receive candy must register prior to the event. All Registrations will be held at St. Sebastian Catholic Church Gathering Space (enter at 1725 N. 54th Street).
Tuesday, Oct 15th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday, Oct 17th, 5:00pm – 7:00pm
Saturday, Oct 19th 10:00am – 12:00 noon
Cost – Pre-Registration*
$5/child for children or grandchildren of members
$10/child for non-members
Cost – Day of Event Registration*
Saturday, October 26th, 5:30pm – 7:00pm; (St. Sebastian’s School Parking Lot)
$10 for both members and non-member at Spook Central (St. Sebastian’s School Parking lot)
*Cash, check and credit card ($1.00 convenience fee added for credit card transactions) will be accepted at all registration events. Membership renewal and new membership services available at Registration tables.
COSTUME CONTEST (Sponsored by Rainbow Booksellers and McBob’s Pub & Grill)
Saturday, October 26th at 6:00PM Sharp!
Gather at “Spook Central” (St. Sebastian’s School Parking Lot) for the opportunity to win fabulous prizes. Be sure to be in costume if you want to be included in the judging! Age groups include: 3 & under; 4-7 years; 8-12 years; 13-17 years; Adult and/or Group
The 2019 Spooktacular will be hosted by Area 5. Area 5 is located between Washington Bl. and Lloyd St. and from 51st St. to 55th St.
Attention AREA 5 Residents
All households in Area 5 (see below for Area 5 boundaries) are encouraged to decorate their homes for Spooktacular. Decorating can be simple or complex. Gather your neighbors and collaborate on a theme. Judges will be out during Spooktacular awarding the best decorated homes in Area 5. WHNA’s candy sign-up has closed and all 100 slots have been filled. However, you are welcome to participate and hand out your own candy to trick-or-treaters during Spooktacular. If you do not wish to participate in Spooktacular, please make sure your outside lights are turned off during the event on October 26 (6:30-8:30PM).
AREA 5 SPOOKTACULAR BOUNDARIES:
- North side of Washington Blvd from 51st to 55th Street
- South side of Lloyd Street from 51st to 55th Street
- East Side of 55th Street between Washington Blvd and Lloyd Street (1700-1800-1900-2000 blocks)
- 51st, 52nd, 53rd, 54th Streets between Washington Blvd and Lloyd Street (1700-1800-1900-2000 blocks)
- Vine Street between 51st and 55th Street
We’ve gone green this year and our candy sign up can only be done online. Please share this information with your Area 5 neighbors who may not have access to a computer/internet and assist them with signing up if they wish to participate.
STREET and ALLEY CLOSURES DURING SPOOKTACULAR
On Saturday, October 26th, Area 5 streets and alleys will be closed to traffic from approximately 5PM-9PM. If you need access to your vehicle during this time frame, please move your vehicle outside the event area prior to 5:00pm. 55th Street, Washington Blvd. and Lloyd St. will remain open throughout the event. Alleys that exit to Vine Street will also be closed at Vine Street during the Spooktacular time frame (5-9PM).
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR SPOOKTACULAR
Many helping hands are needed to put on a safe and successful Spooktacular. Adults and responsible teens are invited to sign up to volunteer and help make Spooktacular great. Please read through the job descriptions posted on in our Online Sign-Up and then submit your sign up.
HELP KEEP EVERYONE SAFE DURING SPOOKTACULAR!
We appreciate everyone’s cooperation with making this a fun and safe event for all who participate. Please take a few moments to familiarize your family with these Spooktacular safety suggestions. Have fun and be safe!
• All registered participants must have this year’s Spooktacular wristband visible on their wrist or trick-or-treat bag.
• A parent or guardian must accompany children/youth under 18 at all times during the event.
• Bikes, skateboards and scooters are not permitted in the event area.
• Pets are not permitted in the event area or at Spook Central. We know your pets are part of the family but we don’t want them to be spooked.
• Please instruct your child(ren) if they become separated from you to go to the closest street corner and look for the security volunteer who will be wearing an orange safety vest. They will assist with reuniting families.
• Please dispose of trash properly during the event and help keep our neighborhood clean. Trash receptacles will be located at each perimeter intersection with the security volunteer.
• If driving to Spooktacular, or you live inside Area 5, please be aware that the streets and alleys will be closed to traffic from about 5:00PM to 9:00PM on Saturday, October 26. If you need access to your vehicle during that time, please park outside of the event area.
• In the event of an emergency during the event, please see a security volunteer (posted at all perimeter intersections) and they will assist you. All security volunteers will be equipped with radios and wearing orange safety vests.
• Milwaukee Police Department will be present throughout the event and available to assist if an emergency arises.
• Please call 911 for emergency situations and also notify the closest security volunteer so they can assist with the emergency.
• Alcohol, tobacco/vaping products, pets and fire arms are not permitted at Spook Central (St. Sebastian’s parking lot)
• Email: email@example.com
• Call: (414) 939-4622 (93W-HNA2) Please allow up to 24 hours for your phone message to be returned.
• Visit and follow Spooktacular on the WHNA Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/WHNA.Milwaukee
• Check back here for event updates.