Washington Heights Neighborhood Association is dedicated to improving quality of life and a sense of community pride in our urban neighborhood. We organize special events and activities to promote community involvement, appreciation of diversity, education, and safety.
The Association strives to:
- Insure the quality of life, which the Washington Heights community has always been known for.
- Maintain the quality appearance of our homes, businesses, institutions and public areas.
- Facilitate communication within our neighborhood.
- Support and enhance the diverse groups in our community as vital to the success and growth of our neighborhood.
- Collaborate in working for our neighborhood.
- Provide the means for neighbors to meet individual and group goals.
- Insure that our neighborhood remains a safe place to live, work and play.
- Promote communication and coordination with governmental, private and public resources to strengthen our neighborhood.
As a resident of Washington Heights you have joined a strong and active community. Our neighborhood includes a variety of different people – young and old, gay and straight, white collar and blue collar, employees and business owners, public and private sectors, all from varied cultural backgrounds – living together with mutual respect.
Take a minute to read about your association and consider becoming a member to show your support for the dozens of neighbors who volunteer to keep our neighborhood energized.