Two New Farmers Markets in Our Community
Two new farmers markets are coming to the neighborhood. The Washington Park Community Green Market will be located in the parking lot, east of the Urban Ecology Center (4145 N Lisbon Ave). The Vliet Street Community Green Market — held on Sundays for the past seven years — will no longer be in operation, but several of the vendors will be joining the new Washington Park Community Green Market and Farmers Market at Amaranth Café.
The Washington Park Community Green Market will begin Saturday, June 13th from 10am – 2pm and will continue through Saturday, October 31st. The market will NOT take place on Independence Day and Labor Day weekends.
The Washington Park Market hopes to include additional vendors as well as environmental education activities, including growing onsite at the Urban Ecology Center. Please join your friends and neighbors on Saturday, June 13th for opening day.
The Lisbon Avenue Farmers Market will begin Friday June 19th from 4 – 8pm on the Amaranth outdoor patio area. The market has a few openings for produce vendors, artists, and hot food/prepared foods vendors.
Community collaborations include:
- Amaranth Bakery & Cafe (new site hosts Dave & Stephanie Baucher)
- Urban Ecology Center – Washington Park (new site hosts Terry Evans and staff)
- Washington Park Neighborhood Improvement District (sponsors)
- Washington Park Partners (Parks Committee, Health & Wellness Committee Members on behalf of the Washington Park Neighborhood, & WPP Staff (sponsors/recruiting/marketing)
- Vliet Street Community Green Market (former site host Pat Mueller)