Spooktacular 2014 Wrap-up
The 25th annual WHNA Spooktacular nighttime trick-or-treating event took place in Area 1 (south side of Washington Boulevard to the north side of Vliet Street, 47th Street to 51st Street) on Saturday, October 25 with over 100 homes handing out over 90,000 pieces of candy! The perfect autumn weather brought out over 1,200 registered trick-or-treaters, along with their family members for a fun-filled night that started at Spook Central with the Annual Costume Contest sponsored by Rainbow Booksellers. From 6:30 to 8:30PM the streets of Area 1 were filled with wizards, witches, princesses and even jellyfish collecting candy. Many homes and front yards throughout Area 1 were fully decorated in a variety of styles and themes, including the 4-8 Dance Party on 48th Street and a pirate theme, complete with ship and cannons, on 50th Street. Thank you to Area 1 for hosting a fun, safe and festive night for the entire neighborhood!
SPOOKTACULAR THANK YOU!
Spooktacular is made possible by generous contributions and time from many individuals and businesses. Thank you for contributing to the 25th Annual Spooktacular!
- Viking Communications – Walkie Talkie Provider
- Rainbow Booksellers – Costume Contest Sponsor
- Cold Spoons Gelato – Event Registration Space
- Art & Soul Gallery – Event Registration Space
- Stella’s – Spook Central Location
- The DiCarlo Family – Pumpkin Display Hosts at 1602/1604 N. 48th
- Mark Drzewiecki – 25th Anniversary Pumpkin Display Coordinator
- Matt and Shannon O’Neill & Family – Candy Counting House
- The Residents of Area 1
- The Spooktacular Halloween Committee – Anne DeLeo, Michael Ward, Bill Stefanich, Kristin Leguizamon, Mark Drzewiecki, John Augustyniak, Chris Hau, Chad Piechocki, Heidi Steeno
- WHNA Membership Committee
- WHNA Housing & Appearance Committee for handling the home decorating contest
- The numerous individuals who helped out throughout the event with security, registration, candy counting and more!
ATTENTION AREA 4!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR next year!
Spooktacular will be held in Area 4 (south side of North Avenue to north side of Lloyd from 51st to 55th Streets). Both the east (Area 3) and west side of 51st Street will be included.
Saturday, October 31, 2015
Area 4 residents are invited to send an email to email@example.com to be added to the Area 4 Spooktacular email list so you can stay up-to-date on participating and hosting the 2015 event.
INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF SPOOKTACULAR?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be contacted about being on the 2015 Spooktacular committee or would like to volunteer for 2015 Spooktacular.