Saturday, August 25th
2PM to 8PM • Rain or Shine!
Washington Blvd from Hi Mount to 53rd
Make a day of it with your friends and family! Food, Music & Entertainment, Art & Craft Fair, Activities for Kids of ALL Ages, Silent Auction and so much more!
Volunteers Needed! We need help with set-up beginning at 11:00AM and with tear- down beginning at 7:45PM. Contact Mary Jumes at 262-754-4502 to sign up.
We’ve got something for everyone! Chameleon Gourmet, McBob's corned beef, Mekong, Fred's, Cold Spoons Gelato, Milwaukee Hot Dog, and a soft drink beverage and popcorn tent (sponsored by WHNA). This year we have tables and chairs set up too – right near the music stage! Location – west end near 53rd
Bring your dancing shoes and get ready for foot stomping Bluegrass featuring Backroads (2PM – 4:30PM), Belly dancing with Diana at 4:30PM followed up by hard driving rock featuring Commander Tang (5PM – 8PM). Location – west end near 53rd St.
The silent auction is bigger and better than ever with 2 rounds of auction items! The first round begins at 2PM and ends at 4:30PM. The second round begins at 5PM and ends at 7:30PM. You can’t lose when you bid on gift certificates, original art and more. Location – 52nd St. intersection
What a day for kids! Bounce House ($1 for 7 minutes), sidewalk art, games and special projects led by Artists Working in Education (AWE) and the MPS Recreation Department. Location – east end of the Blvd near 51st St.
Art, Crafts, Business Vendors and Organizations
Stroll the marketplace for original, handcrafted art, jewelry, crafts from area artists (many from Washington Heights). Many of the art and craft vendors are offering low cost make & take projects at their booths for all ages. Check out the silent auction for donated items from all the vendors! Location – center and east between 51st and 52nd Streets.
· Belly Dancing at Main Stage
· Get to know more about many of Washington Heights Committees & Organizations
· NEW THIS YEAR! Two 50/50 Raffles (2PM – 4:30PM) and 5PM – 7:30PM). So easy everyone can play! 1. Purchase a ticket; 2. Hang onto it until the drawing; 3. Wait to hear your number called. If you are the winner you get half the pot and the other half goes to WHNA. (Sorry but WHNA board members and the Boulevard Bash planning group are not eligible to win.)
· Visit with Milwaukee Police Department officers and perhaps dogs and horses
· Visit with Milwaukee Fire Department and check out their equipment
All this and NO ENTRY FEE! Support the neighborhood by bringing family and friends for the biggest event in the neighborhood!
A portable restroom will be located at the NW corner of 51st Street and Washington Boulevard
Please note, Washington Boulevard (from 54th Street to Hi-Mount) will be closed to traffic beginning at 11AM for event set-up on Saturday, August 25th and will not reopen until tear-down is complete (approximately 10PM). Please have your vehicle off the street by 11AM.